Lately we have been in a pinch for time – time to get dinner on the table that is! We’ve been trying to find delicious recipes that are not only easy to make but easy to clean up. We think we found a new favorite by Beth at Budget Bytes. As it turns out this “Italian Wonderpot” recipe was also easy on our wallets!
We tweaked it only a little bit by halving it and adjusting some of the ingredients to our liking.
One Pot Pasta
Easy to make, easy to eat, easy to clean.
- Servings – 3 to 4
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 20 minutes
- 2 cups veggie or chicken broth
- 6 oz spaghetti pasta
- 4 oz fresh spinach
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 oz prosciutto bits
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 oz parmesan cheese shredded
1. In a large pot, add in all of the ingredients above (except for the cheese) and make sure the pasta is submerged in the broth. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Once pot is boiling, remove the lid and reduce to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and the broth absorbed (hint: add about a half teaspoon of cornstarch mixed with a teaspoon of water if the dish is still too liquidy).
3. Sprinkle over some parmesan cheese and enjoy!