We’ve been so busy lately that we have been desperately searching for really quick, 20-minute dinner recipes that you don’t have to do much prep work for. We got lucky and stumbled across a recipe that looked pretty good, so we adjusted it to our likings and what we already had on hand.
…WOW. This turned out amazing and we will be adding it to our regular rotation of meals. It required no chopping or prep work and was seriously restaurant quality (and even had some veggies for nutritional value, say what?). If you want to impress some friends but are a little nervous to cook dinner – definitely try this one out. You can even add a nice chicken breast or some shrimp to fancy it up!
But really, go out and buy some gnocchi and make this tonight. You won’t regret it.
Sweet Creamy Gnocchi
Sweet… Creamy… Gnocchi-y… Yummy!
- Cook time – 15 minutes
- Servings – 3-4 (but we were really hungry and ate it all in one sitting… oops)
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup frozen bell pepper mix (you can use fresh if you want!)
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 3 oz cream cheese, cut into little squares
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried herbs (basil, oregano, thyme)
- 2-3 cups torn baby spinach (no stems!)
1. Start the water and cook the gnocchi according to the package. Drain and do not rinse.
2. If you had time beforehand, set out your corn and peppers to thaw. If not (like us), steam or microwave them until warm.
3. For the sauce, combine the half and half, cream cheese, and seasonings in a saucepan. Eyeball the seasonings but don’t go overboard! You can always add more but you can’t take away. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until slightly thickened (6-7 minutes). Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
4. Add the drained gnocchi back in the big pot and add the warm veggies. Pour over the sauce and stir to combine.
5. Stir in the spinach gently to not squish the gnocchi.
6. Serve with some grated parmesan and enjoy!