So Declan had a bit of an accident on Friday. He leads a Bible study every Friday night and plays basketball after with the guys. This was the result of basketball:
Yeah, he rolled his ankle pretty bad and had to deal with a bruised, sore, and swollen ankle all weekend long. But he managed quite fine on the dance floor during Erica’s cousin’s wedding! Anyway, today’s recipe has nothing to do with rolled ankles so don’t worry. We found this awesome recipe for a warm goat cheese potato salad in the NY Times. Erica’s friend from Maryland moved up to Pittsburgh recently and we welcomed her with some pulled pork and this potato salad as a side. She approved that it was blog worthy.
Warm Goat Cheese Potato Salad
Only attempt this awesome potato salad recipe if you are super excited to make an awesome potato salad.
- Servings – 4 to 6
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 10 minutes
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 pounds red or Yukon gold potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
1. For the dressing, simply whisk everything together in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Wash and quarter the potatoes and boil for 10 to 12 minutes until tender (not mushy for mashed potatoes).
3. Drain the potatoes and in a large bowl toss together the potatoes, salt, pepper, onion, parsley and goat cheese.
4. Serve and enjoy!