We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving break! It was tough getting back to the grind on Monday but only a few more weeks until Christmas break right? We visited Declan’s family for a few days and enjoyed playing Monopoly, testing out our new camera (on the cats of course), sitting by a fire, cooking and of course lots of eating!
But we are glad to be back to blogging and have a tasty recipe for you today – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Muffins are pretty easy to make. All you need to do is keep the wet and dry ingredients apart until just the right moment! Let us proceed…
First, you’ll want to peel and dice a couple frozen bananas. Zap these in the microwave and mash until they are nice and smooshy.
Then add in the peanut butter, white and brown sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
But don’t add this…
Mix it all up and add in the dry ingredients. Then add the chocolate chips!
Then add this to the muffin tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350F.
Serve and enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry bowl and mix until combined (a rubber spatula is really helpful for this).
- Stir in the chocolate chips and evenly distribute the batter into 24 muffin tins (use liners or spray with non-stick for easy removal).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!