You might begin to notice some slight changes to our blog. Don’t panic, we are currently “moving” our blog from one host to another. We are expanding and felt that it was time to move our blog so we could have more control over it. Hopefully you don’t experience any technical difficulties and the transition is as smooth as possible!
To tide you over, today we have a really simple soup for you to try – Roasted Broccoli and Cheddar Soup. If you recall not too long ago, we posted an easy recipe for one of our favorite side dishes – Roasted Broccoli. Can you see where we are going with this? That’s right, we decided to turn it into a soup!
If you give this a try, let us know how it turns out and if you “fixed” it up at all. We’d love to hear your thoughts!
Roasted Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
Print this recipe!
We love roasting vegetables and we love making soup. Match made in Heaven.
- Servings – 4
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 30 minutes
- 1 large broccoli head, cut into florets, and roasted (about 15 min at 450F)
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 3 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup cream or milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a Dutch oven or large pot, saute the carrots, onion and celery with about a tablespoon of olive oil for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. For the last minute, add in the garlic and saute along with the vegetables.
2. Add in the roasted broccoli and pour in broth. Bring to a low simmer and cover for 20 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream or milk.
4. With an immersion blender, blend everything in the pot until smooth. You can use a normal blender here if you don’t have an immersion blender, but be careful!
5. Stir in the cheese (small handfuls at a time) and allow to melt into the soup.
6. Season with salt and pepper (or other delicious seasonings) to your liking.
7. Serve as and enjoy!