College football is right around the corner! So we are preparing by trying out some old game-day favorites with a new twist. Well, a healthier twist. We have a good one to share with you today – Mini Pizzas (on zucchini)! This is a perfect game-day food because it was quick and easy to make and hardly made any mess to clean up.
You’ll see below that we used a grill pan to give our zucchini slices some grill marks (for looks and taste). If you don’t have a grill pan or grill, feel free to pre-cook your zucchini slices in the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes until they just start to get nice and tender.
Grilled Mini Zucchini Pizzas
“Pizza! Pizza!” -Little Caesar dude
- Servings – about a dozen slices
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 15 minutes
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese, quartered
- 24 slices of pepperoni
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Slice your zucchini on the diagonal into half inch thick pieces. Season each side lightly with salt and pepper.
3. On a hot grill pan, grill each side of the sliced for 3 to 4 minutes or until grill marks appear.
4. Transfer the slices onto a baking sheet (sprayed with non-stick).
5. Evenly spread about a spoonful of pizza sauce on each slice.
6. Top with a quarter of the mozzarella cheese slice and 2 slices of pepperoni (some of our smaller pieces could only hold one).
7. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese (optional) and bake for 5 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!