We can’t believe it is already the end of July! This summer has just been cruising along. To tell you the truth, we are both excited for the summer to be over and for the fall semester to begin. First of all, Erica will be starting pharmacy school which she is super pumped about. Next, we got the fall weather to look forward to (Pittsburgh is so beautiful that time of year, come for a visit if you get a chance!) And finally, football (and possibly post season baseball for the first time in 20 years). We are so excited to watch our Pitt Panthers compete in the ACC and the Steelers beat up on the Super Bowl champs.
A lot to look forward to. Oh, and we’ll be celebrating our one year wedding anniversary (can’t forget about that!)!
Anywho, enough about the future. Recently, we wanted to try out some new sandwiches for dinner. So we asked the ever-wise “Google Search Bar” to see what sandwiches we should try. Our favorite one happened to be a sort of breakfast sandwich which we wanted to share with you today. It requires caramelized onions which we have blogged about how to make before.
Hope you enjoy this one as much as we did!
Fancy Egg Sandwich
Step aside McGriddle.
- Servings – 2 sandwiches
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 5 minutes
- 4 slices of toast
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 eggs
- 2 onions, caramelized
- Handful of spinach leaves
1. In a non-stick pan, cook your bacon slices until they are crispy. Reserve the bacon fat in the pan.
2. If you don’t have caramelized onions already on hand. Cook the two chopped onions in the bacon fat over medium-low heat until they are golden brown and soft (probably around 30 minutes or so).
3. Cook two eggs over easy in the pan with the bacon fat, be careful not to break the yokes. (Watch this video if you need help cooking over easy eggs)
4. To assemble the sandwiches, spread the caramelized onions on the first slice of toast, add on one over easy egg, and top with 2 strips of bacon and spinach (and the other slice of toast).
5. Slice down the middle and enjoy!