It feels great to get back to blogging. We took a bit of a break last month and even took a vacation to the Finger Lakes! We did some canoeing, hiking, roasting marshmallows, and yes lots of wine tasting! It was nice to be disconnected from the world, but all good things come to an end.
Today’s recipe is an original that we made up on the spot when we had some leftover vegetables on hand. Of course we had to use the grill (what else is better in the summer than grilling?). Well, we don’t actually have a grill (you may recall this post but it was our roommate Mike’s…), but we do have the next best thing: a griddle! Ours is non-stick and really easy to use so we’ve been using it a lot to make quick meals.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Summer Grilled Vegetable Pasta
As Declan’s Dad would say when he grills: “Cooked to perfection.”
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 15 minutes
- Servings 2 to 3
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1 zucchini
- 5-6 baby bell peppers
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper
1. Start the water for your pasta and boil according to the packaging instructions.
2. Chop your veggies in the size of big bite size chunks.
3. Heat your grill pan over medium high heat.
4. Once the grill pan is hot, place the veggies onto the grill. Evenly “char” all sides and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. (Once the corn is done, cut the kernels off the cob)
5. In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Saute the garlic for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
6. Stir in your flour to make a roux and make sure it’s evenly mixed.
7. Pour in the chicken stock and wine and stir (you might have to whisk) until everything is evenly combined. When the sauce starts to bubble, add in the basil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer until thickened and it can coat the back of a spoon.
8. Once everything (pasta, veggies, and sauce) is ready, evenly combine in a large mixing bowl.
9. Top with some cheese and enjoy!