Oh hello there! Miss us? Sorry we haven’t posted in 2 weeks; last week was our birthday week so we decided to take a break and this week we have been incredibly busy – registering our car in Pennsylvania (yes, Erica is an official PA resident now!) and figuring out our moving situation (two weeks until we move away from campus to a cute Pittsburgh suburb!). Finally, Erica had a couple tests to study for.
Alright, enough whining. Declan went grocery shopping this week, by himself, without a list. Usually this turns out to be a disaster, however something caught his eye that he couldn’t resist to buy – a $5 pork tenderloin. We’ve never cooked pork tenderloin before but it was cheap and a whole pound so Declan picked it up. We did some research and found some good recipes but ended up making up our own. So here it is kids…
Herbed Pork Tenderloin
Where is the tenderloin again? Is that near the axilla?
- Servings – 2
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 45 minutes
- 1 pound pork tenderloin patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat your oven to 400F.
2. In a shallow plate, mix together all of the ingredients above except for the pork.
3. Roll the pork in the rub making sure to cover the entire surface.
4. Transfer the pork into a baking dish and roast in the oven for 40 minutes or until the meat reaches 145F (you might want to check around 30-35 min or so).
5. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
P.S. Today is Erica’s last class as an undergrad!