Erica really likes salads. She orders them at restaurants, makes fun ones at home with lots of toppings, but sometimes lettuce just gets boring. We have the solution! Instead of using lettuce as the base for a salad, why not… broccoli?
Broccoli is full of all sorts of good stuff – like vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants. It’s fun to mix up your veggie side dish routine and try something different. This recipe was really what we had on hand, so any variations would be just as delicious! If you try it out with any different ingredients, let us know if the comments below!
Easy Broccoli Salad
But really, raw veggies are so much better for you!
- Servings – 4-6
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – None!
- 1 bag broccoli florets
- Handful of baby carrots (about 10ish, or use 1 medium carrot)
- 1 stalk of celery
- Handful of sprinkly cheese (we used about 1/2 cup of mozzarella)
- 2 or 3 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped or crumbled
- Dressing of choice (we love using Penzey’s Italian Dressing base with balsamic vinegar and olive oil!)
1. Make sure all your veggies are washed and dry. Chop to whatever size you like.
2. Mix everything and add your dressing! It’s best to add the dressing over each individual portion, so the rest can be refrigerated and saved for later.
3. Serve and enjoy!