So we wanted to fit one post in this week to help you guys out with Thanksgiving. If you are totally out of side dish ideas for tomorrow we have a really easy and tasty one here for you – Brussels Sprouts with Bacon! You might be thinking “Who ever eats Brussels sprouts?” and you probably have a good reason to think that. However, before this recipe Erica thought she didn’t like Brussels sprouts but changed her mind after her second helping of this dish! Bacon can do magical things. Now hurry up and get to a grocery store before tomorrow!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
They’re magically delicious!
- Servings – 4 to 6
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cook time – 25 minutes
- 1.5 pounds of Brussels sprouts
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut an “X” into the stem of each Brussels sprout. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté the garlic for 3 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add in the Brussels sprouts into the pot and toss to evenly coat.
4. Add in the chicken broth and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until Brussels sprouts are nice and tender.
5. Drain the liquid and mix in the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the bacon crumbles and mix all together.
6. Serve and enjoy!