Well, since we’ve returned from the wedding, we have been extremely busy cleaning, organizing, unpacking, and adjusting to our new routines that we haven’t had too much time to cook dinner. However, last week we were able to find an easy casserole recipe that is perfect for college students (and newlyweds). Of course it’s a Mexican casserole with all our favorite fixin’s, but you can basically throw in any mixture into this casserole to your liking!
If you have any other easy recipes send them our way to email@example.com!
Try to put as many veggies as you can into this casserole, your mom would want you to!
- Servings – 4 to 5
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook and Bake time – 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 bag frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1. Pre-heat your oven to 375ºF
2. In a large pan, brown your ground beef or turkey over medium-high heat.
3. Once meat is slightly browned, add in the onion, corn, peas and taco seasoning. Continue to cook until frozen veggies are thawed.
4. Transfer the contents in the pan into a 9×13 inch baking dish and evenly spread.
5. Sprinkle about 1 cup of the cheese over the contents in the dish.
6. Unroll the crescent rolls over the contents and make sure to cover everything.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the dough and bake in the over for 15 to 20 minutes until the dough becomes golden brown and crispy.
8. Serve and enjoy!