We hope everyone had an awesome Labor Day weekend. We didn’t do anything special this weekend other than go to the Pitt football game on Saturday (we lost to Youngstown State by the way). Before the game we had a little “tailgate”…in the kitchen.
We wanted to eat something filling before we left, so we cooked up some burgers. These were not just any kind of burgers – they were pineapple bacon burgers! We realized we haven’t posted any burger recipes other than our turkey burgers so we thought we should share this one with you.
It is a really straight forward recipe, makes enough for a tailgate or football party, and can be cooked with a grill, griddle, or pan! The serving size for our “tailgate” was 6 but feel free to simply halve the recipe. You’ll also notice our new iPad in the background of the photos! Now we don’t have to carry our laptops into the kitchen anymore to follow a recipe!
Pineapple Bacon Burger
A Hawaiian twist on an American classic!
- Servings – 6
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 12 to 15 minutes
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 6 strips of bacon
- 6 slices of pineapple
- 6 hamburger buns
1. In a large mixing bowl combine with your hands the ground beef, barbecue sauce, and bread crumbs.
2. Divide the mixture into six equal parts and form patties with your hands (about 3/4-1 inch in thickness). Season patties with a pinch of salt and pepper each.
3. Fire up your grill, griddle or pan and cook the patties 6 to 8 minutes a side or until your desired doneness.
4. While patties are grilling, fry up the bacon on the side until crispy.
5. Assemble burger with bun, patty, pineapple slice and bacon. Add more barbecue sauce for more flavor.
6. Serve and enjoy!