Our fall semester at Pitt begins only 10 days from now! This summer is flying by. We can still remember our trip to California like it was yesterday even though we were there this time last year. Oh well, life goes on.
Like we mentioned in our previous post, we haven’t cooked for almost 2 weeks so we’ve been trying to make easy meals this week. We stumbled upon this recipe for ranch chicken which is perfect for college students. All we did was change the servings size, but for the most part this recipe doesn’t call for any expensive or hard to find ingredients – chicken, cornflakes, Parmesan cheese, and ranch seasoning.
Come on now, you have to have these laying around the apartment (actually, you would be quite a slob if cornflakes happened to be laying around your apartment, rather we hope that they are laying around your pantry).
Crispy Ranch Chicken
Crispy and ranchy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside.
- Servings – 2
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 45 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 packet of ranch dressing mix
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350ºF.
2. In a baking dish, mix together the crushed cornflakes, Parmesan cheese, and ranch dressing mix with your hands.
3. Dip your chicken breasts in the melted butter and evenly coat.
4. Dip the buttered chicken breasts into the cornflake mixture and evenly coat. Place in a separate baking dish (sprayed with non-stick spray).
5. Bake the chicken in the oven uncovered for 45 minutes or until the chicken has completely cooked inside.
6. Serve and enjoy!