With our busy schedules of the past two weeks we haven’t been able to cook together for awhile now. So this week we needed to start off easy in order to get back into the game. We decided that something light and healthy was probably the way to go. We settled on trying to make bruschetta.
Bruschetta is extremely easy to make and you will certainly feel fancy eating it. We ate this with a nice side salad for our dinner but bruschetta is typically served as an appetizer. However, you can serve it any way you like!
We’re so glad to be back in the kitchen!
Light, simple, easy, and delicious!
- Servings – 10 slices
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 3 minutes
- 10 thinly sliced pieces of french bread
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 of an onion chopped finely
- 1/4 cup basil leaves chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix everything together in a bowl (except for the bread) cover and set in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Lay your bread slices on a baking sheet and set under the broiler for 3 minutes or until the bread becomes lightly toasted.
3. Spoon out a bit of the tomato mixture from step 1 onto the toasted bread.
4. Serve and enjoy!