This past weekend was another busy one for us. Declan went camping with his dad and Erica had her second bridal shower. Since we already blogged about Erica and her first bridal shower, we’ll blog about Declan’s camping trip!
Declan took his dad to a local lake and camped out for the weekend. Here is a picture of their campsite:
Very primitive set up compared to the rest of the “campers” and their high-tech camping gear! It’s okay, Declan is an Eagle Scout so he and his dad survived. They ate very well, too – brats and beans for Friday night dinner, corn beef hash and eggs, mountain man pies, and campfire chili on Saturday, and fried Spam and eggs on Sunday. And lots and lots of beer to wash it all down.
Overall it was a much needed trip for both of them. Here are some more pics Declan was able to take:
And now for a recipe that has nothing to do with camping!
Gingery and more gingery.
- Servings – About 4 dozen cookies
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 10 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the oil, molasses, brown sugar, and egg. Tip: measure the oil in a measuring cup and then use the same cup to measure the molasses, and the molasses will pour right out. Mix until well combined.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
5. Spoon out tablespoons of dough and place on a greased baking sheet (or one lined with parchment paper), spacing them around 2 inches apart.
6. Bake one sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy!