This recipe post is a bit too easy, we know. Pizza bagels have been an American staple since 1974 because they are cheap and easy to make. But after last weeks marathon of a recipe for bagels, we decided to keep it cheap and easy for today.
Now you may be asking yourself, “Did D&E really go through all the trouble of making homemade bagels only to use them for pizza bagels?”
There is no easy way to say this: yes, yes we did.
Please don’t revoke our cooking blogging credentials.
Contrary to popular belief, the pizza bagel was made popular because of the Great Canadian Bagel company. O Canada!
- Servings – 4 pizza bagels
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 12 minutes
- 2 whole bagels sliced in half
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Any pizza toppings you like
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. On a baking sheet, lay the bagels cut-side-up and evenly spread out the marinara sauce and then sprinkle with cheese.
3. Add any of your favorite pizza toppings to the bagels and bake for 10 minutes in the oven.
4. After 10 minutes, switch the oven setting to broil and set the bagels under the broiler for 2 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy!