Oh man it’s already Wednesday and we haven’t posted anything this week! We were down in Maryland again this past weekend for wedding stuff and we were both really busy! Trust us you guys – once we are married, we will have more time to devote to you!
Also, we picked out our wedding song! We chose “In My Life” by The Beatles:
The wedding is getting closer and closer!
Fried Goat Cheese
Crusty on the outside, warm and creamy on the inside! Adapted from this recipe.
- Servings – About 8 coins
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cook time – 5 minutes
- 8 ounces goat cheese log
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup of flour
- olive oil
1. Place your goat cheese log into the freezer for 15 minutes. This will help to firm it up which will make it easier to cut.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs, parsley, thyme, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
3. Remove the cheese from the freezer, cut with a sharp knife into about 1/2 inch size slices. This should yield about 6 to 8. If slices fall apart, simply reform them with your hands.
4. Align in order the following: shallow plate of flour, bowl of beaten egg, and bowl of bread crumbs from step 2. Taking one slice at a time, coat in the flour, dip into the egg, and then coat with the bread crumbs. Set aside each slices on wax paper.
5. In a nonstick pan, pour in enough olive oil to coat the bottom. Heat over medium-high heat and wait for the oil to shimmer. Place the cheese slices into the pan and fry for about a minute a side or until golden brown. Flip gently with a spatula. Don’t crowd the pan!
6. Serve over a salad or on their own and enjoy!