Did your Mom or Dad ever make quesadillas for you growing up for dinner? Did they usually consist of two tortillas with a couple slices of American cheese melted inside? Yeah, it’s time to make “grown up” quesadillas now.
Today’s recipe is so simple! If you already have cooked chicken on hand then it’s even simpler. We’re not sure why we don’t make quesadillas all that often, we always seem to have tortillas laying around and there is hardly any cleanup involved after!
What do you like in quesadillas?
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
Why have we not made these before??
- Servings – 1 quesadilla
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 10 minutes
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mexican mix, whatever you have)
- Barbecue sauce
1. On a tortilla, layer the ingredients in the following order: half the cheese, chicken, drizzle some BBQ sauce, onions, rest of cheese, and the other tortilla.
2. Spray your pan with some non-stick spray and heat over medium heat.
3. Add your quesadilla to the pan, being careful to not let the insides spill out. Use two spatulas if you have to.
4. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the tortilla is brown and crispy (not burnt!). Flip and cook the other side.
5. Using a pizza cutter, slice into quarters and enjoy!