Not sure about you, but the weather here in Pittsburgh lately has been amazing! Sunny but not hot, just plain beautiful. Since this rarely is the case, we’ve been wanting to make easier and quicker meals than normal so we can spend less time in the kitchen and more outside on the porch (yeah we’re already practicing how to act like an old married couple).
Speaking of Pittsburgh and weather…
Anyway, Erica actually made up today’s recipe; literally just made it up on the spot with whatever we had on hand. We have already posted before how to make guacamole so there is no need to repeat ourselves. The rest is pretty straight forward. Give this recipe a try next time you want a quick, easy, and healthy meal!
Guacamole Chicken Wrap
Like we’ve already said, it’s easy and healthy!
- Servings – 4
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 33 minutes
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion sliced into half arcs
- 4 tortillas
- 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheese
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, salt, pepper, paprika and cumin. Evenly coat the chicken breasts in this mixture.
3. Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the onions and chicken 4 minutes a side or until the breasts become nice and brown.
4. Transfer the chicken and onions to an oven safe pan and cook in the oven for another 25 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
5. Once chicken is done, cut into half inch thick pieces.
6. Assemble your wrap by spreading a layer of guacamole on a tortilla and layering on the cheese, chicken, onions and a sprinkle of shredded cabbage.
7. Serve and enjoy!
P.S. – We hope all of the runners had fun at the Pittsburgh Marathon this past weekend!