Last Friday, we went and saw Pittsburgh Ballet Theater’s Coppélia downtown for our birthdays. We went to dinner at Olive Or Twist for dinner beforehand and tried some great cocktails. So, when we were thinking of things to make for a little birthday get-together with friends Saturday night, we had to make the one Declan had ordered.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Martini
Wow. Tastes just like the cake.
- Servings – One drink
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 shots (2.25 oz) vanilla vodka
- 2 shots (3 oz) pineapple juice
- 1/2 shot (0.75 oz) coconut rum
- Maraschino cherry
1. Fill your shaker with ice. Add the vodka, juice, and rum.
2. Shake gently and pour the liquid (no ice) into your martini glass.
3. Hold a spoon just over the surface of the liquid, and pour about a shots worth of grenadine gently onto the spoon. It will sink down to the bottom of the glass.
4. Garnish with a cherry and enjoy!