Every meal needs an X-factor. That certain something that can take the meal from eh, to THIS… (Declan intended to link the word ‘THIS’ to a funny video clip from an episode of Psych that would convey the sense of jubilation or ecstasy from eating a meal with an X-factor; however, he instead wasted 30 minutes watching funny clips from Psych and failed to link the word ‘THIS’ to anything. Although he did find this video, listen closely.)!
Now as you probably have guessed, the X-factor we will be profiling today is the oh-so-simple recipe of roasted asparagus. Too fancy of a vegetable you say? Nonsense! Asparaguses…er, asparagi, wait what’s the plural form of asparagus? Anyway, asparagus most certainly is not a fancy vegetable and is most certainly sold in your local grocery store. So go pick a bundle up and try out our really easy roasted recipe below!
While you are boiling some pasta on the stove, you can easily have this delicious side dish 52.94% done!
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 10 to 12 minutes
- Servings – 2 to 3
- 1 pound of asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
1. Wash your asparagus thoroughly. Grab the tip and base of the stalk and bend it. The asparagus will snap in just the right spot. Discard the base portion and set the tip aside. Repeat with the other stalks.
2. Preheat your oven to 400 ºF.
3. In a large baking dish, toss your asparagus in the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and balsamic vinegar if you are feeling adventurous.
4. Bake the asparagus for 12-15 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy!
P.S – Happy Birthday Declan’s Dad!