Back to the grind. Yesterday was our last day of spring break but we are glad to be back on campus after spending 10 days with both of our families. Now it is time to get back to our routine and finish off this semester!
So if you are like us and feel like making something easy after coming back from break, today’s recipe will make you happy. We have here for you a 5 minute Eggs Benedict recipe that can be completely made with a toaster and a microwave. No pots and pans! This can easily be made in a dorm room if you have a microwave (the toaster is for toasting the English muffin which isn’t essential).
The idea to poach the eggs in a microwave came from Declan’s father who suggested that this was a perfect way for college students to cook eggs – after trying out this recipe, he was definitely right!
A super easy and dorm friendly recipe of a classic dish. Serve with a side of asparagus!
- Servings – 2 sandwiches
- Total time – 5 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 English muffin
- 2 slices of Canadian bacon
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Split your English muffin and put the halves in the toaster.
2. In a microwave safe mug, pour an inch worth amount of water.
3. Crack one egg into the mug.
4. Place the mug in the microwave and cover with a small plate on top. Microwave on high between 45 and 75 seconds, this will vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. We microwaved ours at 55 seconds with a 1000 Watt microwave.
5. Drain the water from the mug and set aside.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 for the other egg.
7. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the sour cream, butter, lemon juice and salt and microwave for 45 seconds or until the butter is completely melted. Mix afterword for even consistency.
8. On a microwave safe plate, microwave the Canadian bacon according to its packaging instructions. We zapped ours for 30 seconds.
9. Once the English muffins are toasted, lay the Canadian bacon and then an egg on top and drizzle on your Hollandaise sauce.
10. Serve and enjoy!