Since we were in Maryland for part of our spring break, we were able to spend some time in the nation’s capital. Declan hasn’t been in D.C. for a few years so we hit up some of the monuments and free museums. It was a really nice time, the weather was beautiful, but most of all it was really nice spending time together!
We also had the opportunity to meet up with Audrey Scagnelli, Editor-in-Chief of College and Cook Magazine. It is written and run by college students across the country. They were recently featured in the Washington Post too (click here for the article). Why did we meet Audrey you might ask? Well if we told you we wrote an article for the Spring issue of C&C, would you believe us? That’s right, we’ve made it to the big leagues now! Never did we think we would be contributing to a magazine by starting this blog! It’s amazing how life can take you on a crazy journey. And if you still don’t believe us, wait until April 10th (Declan’s birthday) when the edition comes out. But in the meantime, definitely check out their last issue on their site.
Now onto today’s recipe! This was yet again another recipe sent in to us by one of our readers (Jordan who actually won the blender!) for our give-away contest. Chocolate chip cookie bars are very cheap and easy to make, and as always very delicious to eat!
Imagine if Mr. Chocolate Chip Cookie and Mrs. Brownie had a baby, this would be their child!
- Servings – 16 bars
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Bake time – 20 minutes
- 1 packet of yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
2. In a small bowl beat your 2 eggs together as if you were making scrambled eggs.
3. In a larger mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, chocolate chips, and vegetable oil. Mix together until a large sticky dough ball is formed.
4. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray and spread your dough ball in the pan until flat.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
7. Serve with milk and enjoy!