***Update: this contest is now closed***
So far this contest is going quite well! And today everyone has a chance to add to their chances (redundant?) of winning a free Cuisinart Immersion Blender. Last week we posted how you can enter so check it out in case you have not read it yet!
For this week to enter this is what you need to do:
- Go onto our Facebook page and share the following photo (we have the photo there already, you just need to hit “Share”):
- Go to our twitter page and re-tweet the following photo (we have the photo there already, you just need to hit “Retweet”):
If you do one or both let us know by commenting ON THIS POST so we know to enter you. If you only share a photo on facebook or only retweet one, you will only get entered twice. If you do both you get your name entered four times into the drawing! Yes, we are upping the ante…just wait until next week for our next task!
Now time for today’s recipe. We decided to try some simpler recipes for our readers who don’t want to buy a lot of ingredients. Today- chicken pot pie!
Only 6 ingredients but a lot of deliciousness!
- Servings – 6-8 servings (it refrigerates awesomely for leftovers)
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 30 minutes
- 1 bag frozen veggie medley (10-16 oz), thawed
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (try the kind with herbs if you want)
- Leftover cooked chicken, as little or as much as you want (we used 1 large breast), cubed/shredded
- 2 cups pancake/all-purpose baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. In a pan (9″ pie or 7 x 11 dish, or whatever you have), mix the soup, chicken, and veggies. Make sure the veggies are thawed and not frozen!
3. In a separate bowl, mix the baking mix, milk and eggs. Pour this batter over the chicken and veggies.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
5. Serve and enjoy!
PS- you can halve the batter ingredients if you have a smaller dish or just want less crust, but we like crust.