***Update: this contest is now closed***
Do we have an awesome recipe for you today! Are we that excited about broccoli casserole? Yes, yes we are. But we are also very excited to tell you about how you can enter to win our Cuisinart immersion blender give-away contest! That’s right, you can win a FREE immersion blender! We’ve displayed its versatility in our tomato bisque, apple sauce, and mashed cauliflower recipes. This is a tool every college cook should have!
So here is what you have to do:
- Like our Facebook page
- Follow us on twitter: @cook_in_college
- Subscribe to our blog (email or RSS feed)
Now you can do one of these or all three (or only two) but you have to let us know in the comment section below which ones you did. If you do all three, you get your name entered three times into the drawing, if you do two you are entered two times, and if you do only one (which is still okay!) you get your name entered once. Also, if you are already doing one or more of these now just let us know in the comments that you are.
But the important part is that you comment ON THIS POST that you did. If you don’t, we won’t know about it and you will miss out on winning an immersion blender!
You have all of February to enter, stay tuned for next Wednesday for more chances to win. If you have any questions we will be happy to answer them. Ready, set, GO!
What’s easier than throwing everything into a dish? Adapted from this recipe.
- Servings – 6
- Prep time – 20 minutes
- Cook time – 20 minutes
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
1. Chop your onion into very thin half arcs and cube your chicken breast, season with a lot of salt and pepper.
2. Steam your broccoli for about 3 minutes and in another pan lightly sauté your chicken cubes and about 3/4 of your onion slices (reserve the rest as a topping) in a little olive oil.
3. Once the broccoli, chicken and onions are done, move them to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
4. Preheat your oven to 450°F.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the condensed soup, sour cream, and milk and mix together. Pour into the baking dish and incorporate everything together.
6. In another bowl mix the melted butter and bread crumbs together until the crumbs soak up the butter.
7. Sprinkle the Cheddar cheese, then the bread crumbs, and then the rest of your onion slices on top of the broccoli mixture in the baking dish. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
8. Once done, let cool for 5 minutes, serve and then enjoy!