One of Erica’s oldest friends sent us this recipe, and we were really excited to try it. It’s a really easy and fast side dish that you can make while you’re finishing up the rest of dinner. You can easily use a potato masher, blender, or food processor to make this, but naturally we used our new favorite toy – the immersion blender!
A healthier and just as delicious alternative to mashed potatoes!
- Servings – 4
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 15 minutes
- Head of cauliflower
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup half and half or milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and Pepper
1. Cut off the cauliflower from the head. Don’t worry about leaving the stem on, it doesn’t affect the end result.
2. Place the cauliflower in your steamer tray and steam for about 10-15 minutes or until you can easily pierce it with a fork. If you don’t have a steamer tray, you can boil it in water until soft.
3. Drain off any liquid and place back in the pot. Add the half and half and butter and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Use the immersion blender (or whatever you want) to blend the cauliflower until smooth.
5. Serve with dinner and enjoy!