Boo! It’s Halloween and a perfect time to post our first dessert! We found this spooktacular recipe that will make your friends ghoul over your baking skills. Now, this is not an original recipe; we found it on our favorite recipe finder allrecipes.com. So instead of fussing over what you are going to wear tonight for trick-or-treating, why not spend some time in the kitchen tonight and bake yourself a treat!
And if anyone comes knocking at your door asking for treats…give them something else, you’re going to want to keep these cookies for yourself.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Gooey, chocolaty, oatmealy…all around its the perfect treat for a Halloween night!
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cook time – 10 minutes
- Servings – about 24 cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups oats (regular quick cooking are fine)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Grab 2 large mixing (one for dry ingredients, one for wet).
2. In the dry bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In the wet bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and white sugar with an electric beater until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla, again until an even consistency.
4. In about three or four increments, mix the dry into the wet. Use a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Once everything is mixed together stir in the chocolate chips and oats.
5. On a greased baking sheet, spoon out the cookie dough into ping pong ball sized balls.
6. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until gently browned .
7. Remove from oven and let cool on a baking rack for another 10 minutes.
8. Serve with a glass of milk and enjoy!
Have a Safe and Happy Halloween!