Since we are college students we do cook a lot of pasta meals. But, since we like to cook we stay away from “pasta” such as Top Ramen and Spaghetti-Oh’s. Instead we make pasta meals such as pasta in tomato butter sauce, lasagna, asparagus and tomato pasta, and of course pasta with our own marinara sauce.
Today’s post is a nice way to add some veggies to a college classic – buttered noodles. Mushrooms are a perfect way to add a little more texture and flavor to your pasta dish. So next time you are out grocery shopping, grab some mushrooms; you’re most likely have the rest of the ingredients already on hand.
Pasta with a Butter and Mushroom Sauce
Tried to work in a “Fun-guy” joke here but…no.
- Servings – 3
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 10 minutes
- 8 white mushrooms
- 1/2 pound of your favorite pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. While your pasta is cooking according to our instructions, remove the stems from the mushrooms and cut them crosswise into thin slices.
2. Once your pasta is done, drain and set aside. In the same pot, sauté the mushrooms in a little olive oil until they are tender. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Turn the heat down to low and add the butter. Let the butter melt, continuing to stir.
4. Once butter is melted, turn off heat and mix in the noodles to coat in the butter sauce.
5. Serve and enjoy! Other veggies are a good addition to this dish, along with a clove or two of garlic.