Again, we are not Italian. That’s why our meatballs we are going to show you today are made out of ground turkey. Wait! Before you click away, here us out. Ground turkey is tastier, healthier, and about the same price of ground beef. Don’t believe us? Just give it a try and if you think traditional meatballs are still better, submit your recipe and we’ll test it out.
Now onto the application…
Baked Turkey Meatballs
Traditional Italian recipe? No. Traditional college recipe? YES!
- Servings – 12 meatballs
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 20 minutes
- 1.5 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl GENTLY (don’t pinch with your fingers) mix together all of the ingredients except for 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs.
3. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, evenly scoop out a portion of the mixture and roll in your hands to make a nice even ball.
5. Spread them evenly on the sheet, about an inch between them, and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Serve with your favorite pasta and our sauce and enjoy!