So if you can recall, we posted an easy chicken recipe a few weeks back. It’s probably the easiest chicken recipe out there. And if you think buying Chicken McNuggets are easier, you’re wrong, you don’t have to leave the apartment when cooking our recipes.
Now, we did want to build on our chicken makin’ skills and decided to try our hand at breaded chicken! We finally came up with a method that was of course easy and cheap.
Before we move on we realized that we haven’t posted an Arrested Development video in awhile…so we thought this was the perfect time:
Baked Breaded Chicken
“Chicken just makes life that much better” -someone, somewhere
- Servings – 2 to 3
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cook time – 16 to 18 minutes
- 2 thawed boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup plain (or flavored) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs*
*only if using plain bread crumbs
1. Preheat your oven to 375ºF and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with a non stick spray.
2. Take your chicken breasts and cut them in half length-wise. See the picture below.
3. Wash your hands and get two plates and a gallon freezer bag out.
4. On one plate, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper with a fork. Spread evenly over the plate.
5. On the other mix the bread crumbs with the Italian herbs if you are using plain bread crumbs. Spread evenly over the plate.
6. In the bag, mix (rather shake) together the milk, mayo, and sour cream until even consistency.
7. One at a time, evenly coat the chicken in flour (shake off the excess), then shake in the bag (remove excess liquid with your fingers), and finally toss in the bread crumbs to evenly coat.
8. Place these on the baking dish with space in between each and bake uncovered for about 16 to 18 minutes.
9. Serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy!