Notice anything different about us? Did you know you are reading one of Pittsburgh’s Most Valuable Bloggers (cbspittsburgh.com)? That’s right we won Editor’s Pick in the Dining and Entertainment section of the contest and we are so thrilled! So thank you to all of our readers and supporters.
Now to celebrate, we are posting a really fun recipe – Buffalo Chicken Wings! One of our friends actually asked us, “Wait you can make chicken wings?” Yes, we can, and we’re going to show you how easy it is!
Buffalo Chicken Wings
They’re buffaloy, they’re chickeny, they’re wingy, and they’re delicious…y. Forget about 50 cent wing night…these are cheaper.
- Servings – 4 people
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cook time – 50 minutes
- 3 pounds thawed chicken wing cutlets
- 1 stick butter
- 12 ounces (1 jar) Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
1. Spray non-stick spray on a large baking pan covered in aluminum foil. Pre-heat your oven to 450ºF.
2. Spread your wings evenly and brush with a bit of olive oil. Season generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Bake the wings for 40 minutes. There is no need to flip them.
4. With about 5 minutes left of baking, melt a stick of butter in a large sauce pan or pot over low heat.
5. Pour in the hot sauce and mix until even consistency. Add the pepper and garlic powder and incorporate.
6. After 40 minutes of baking, take the wings out and toss them in the pot with the sauce to coat.
7. Place the wings back on the pan and continue baking for another 10 minutes. This will allow the sauce to soak into the meat.
8. After 10 minutes, place the wings in a serving dish and pour over the rest of the sauce.
9. Eat with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing and enjoy!