Still on our football food fix, we decided to share with you another one of our Sunday favorites – Chicken Salad. It is super easy to make and perfect to snack on while watching the game. We found this recipe online but adapted it to what we had on hand.
However, this shouldn’t just be enjoyed while watching football. You can make it as little or as often as you like. You can make it a meal or you can make it a snack. The important thing is, is that you make it.
The chicken is easy, just follow our recipe we posted earlier this summer and cut it into small cubes. Put these cubes in the fridge for an hour and they’ll be ready to go.
When your team is down and you’re heated up, look for this meal to cool you off…and cheer you up. Note: You can sub in and out ingredients depending on what you have. Try adding some cucumber and craisins next time!
- Servings – 5 to 6
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cool time – 30 minutes
- 2 cubed, cooked and cooled chicken breasts
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Pita bread*
1. Pour everything into a mixing bowl and mix.
2. Season with a bit of salt and pepper, serve in a pita loaf, and enjoy!