We hope everyone had a great Labor Day with their friends and family. We certainly did! We drove down to DC to see Abbey Road on the River, a Beatles tribute festival, with Erica’s family. Being Beatles fans, we had a great time! And we also ate a lot of good food!
Now, since it was Labor Day and in reality supposed to be labor free, we decided to post a simple recipe today. This dish is extremely easy to make on a busy weeknight and requires minimal clean up. Erica grew up with this dish since her dad made it quite often on their busy nights. Actually, her dad made it for us over the long weekend.
Today’s recipe is another pasta recipe which only needs 2 ingredients other than the pasta. This might be the easiest recipe we’ve posted to date…but hey, it was Labor Day weekend, we deserve a little break.
Tomato and Butter Noodles
Sort of like an adult version of butter and noodles…
- Servings – 3 to 4
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 5 minutes
- 1 pound macaroni noodles
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
1. Cook your pasta, drain, and set aside.
2. In the large pot you just used, melt 1 stick of butter (or less if you’d like).
3. Once butter is all melted, add in the can of diced tomatoes and heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir a couple of times to make sure they don’t separate.
4. Add the pasta back to the pot and add as much salt and pepper to your liking.
5. Serve right away and enjoy!